[pure-silver] Re: High contrast printing?

  • From: mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 07:29:59 -0700

It might seem that way Tim, but if you have it in Quark Express I really don't think it will be any more than making a copy of that DVD and sending it to them.  I know some of those will even do MS Word documents.  You likely will have no more time invested in this than checking a website, a couple of emails and sending them a DVD.

If you sold a print run of 4000 in the US alone, you are very likely to be selling far more than just a book or two.  You have had enough books out there for name recognition and a reputation for your books being both informative, an well written.  You could make more by self publishing than you could with a publisher.  Now if you had written a novel that would be bought by tens of millions, its a different story.

What ever you decide, (and if I can help feel free to email me off list) please do us all a favor.  Make several copies of that DVD today and store them in several different places.  One of which if it were my book would be in a bank safety deposit box.  That way if something happens to that DVD all is not lost.  That would be a big shame.

Mark

From: "Tim Rudman" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, July 21, 2009 2:47 pm
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Thank you Mark
I hear about online publishing but have no experience of it (preferring the darkroom of course).
Recalling the many long weeks of layout, design and re-editing that preceded the book I’m not sure it is so simple to reproduce via blurb or whatever.
Am I wrong?
Tim

From: "Tim Rudman" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, July 21, 2009 12:28 pm
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Harry
Yes the 1st LITH book (was actually my 2nd book) is the MPLPC and the 2nd
LITH book (actually my 4th book) is the WOLP.

The materials list you downloaded from my site is more up dated than WOLP
now and I will have to update it again this fall I expect, meanwhile the
newletters have been updating it. I can send you those if you want then,
together with the one about to go out, you'll be bang up to date and
somewhat ahead in fact as the latest news in it hasn't been released yet.

The WOLP is more than an update on materials though. It is the only
international collection of lith printers' work. As it is such a flexible
process it can be pushed into many different 'looks' and I felt that could
be inspirational. It also contains some newer techniques BTW.
Tim