[pure-silver] Re: Hasselblad list? was Re: Law of demented returns....

  • From: "Stein" <rstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 08:51:51 +0800

Dear Nephew BOB,

     The Department Of Approvals is currently checking your history. So far all
seems well, though there is that little incident in 1959 with the flaming bag
on the Maths teacher's doorstep that might delay proceedings. But I wouldn't
worry - and man who has illustrated Hasselblad literature has the right
attitude and I'm sure they will connect the jumper leads in the back of the
main Commodore 64 computer fairly soon for you.

    The central computer has been a litle slow of late, what with the cat
taking to sleeping over the air ducts and Mrs. Menendez spilling the cup of tea
down the back of it, but they got a new circuit board at the boot sale and all
should be well.

    The Hasselblad list needs inspiration, as do all photography lists. We all
get in a rut and forget what we bought the cameras for - please inspire us
about once a week. Tales from the past are always welcome, as are technical
hints. We all seem to have Nordin's illustrated wish book and at least one of
the Wildi manuals. I chase down Forums and other house magazines from the past,
though I hesitate to commit to the new Victor magazine.

    eBay is a vice, though not as good for woodworking as the Stanley Model
405/2. I indulge in window shopping each day and sometimes persuade myself to
buy. The purchases sit in my equipment safe for months until I suddenly think
of a good use for them. Here's where you come in - tell us the tales that send
us out there all keen and eager.

Uncle Dick Stein