[pure-silver] Re: Film life in a freezer - Velvia 50

  • From: Georges Giralt <georges.giralt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 10:58:35 +0200

Selon Jon Lacey <Jon.Lacey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Can someone detail how film is kept in a freezer?
> How do you package the film?
> How do you defrost?
>
> Regards
> Jon L.

Hi Jon !
If it is 135 size, the main thing to know is that the film canister is filled
with an inert gas. So DO NOT OPEN the canister before refrigerating the film to
keep moisture out.
If it is 120 size, the film is in a sealed plastic pouch. Do not open it before
freezing for the same reason as above.
With sheet film you may have mxed results... depending on the care the
manufacturer put on the package.
I had a 120 film with the package unsealed (i didn't see it before freezing).
when I used the film, the backing paper was somewhat strange but  I tried to
use the film anyway. The film had stuck to the backing paper and was impossible
to process. I had a lot of "lint" in the camera after use....
Enjoy !