[pure-silver] Re: Film life in a freezer - Velvia 50

  • From: "Justin F. Knotzke" <jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 10:56:24 -0400

On 6/27/06, Jim MacKenzie <jim@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Much of the Polaroid film says, "Do Not Freeze" on the box.

Polaroid is a special case because of the chemical pod that's included
with
the film.  Normal film can be frozen without problem, although film that
isn't in a sealed package (e.g. Ilford 35mm 100' rolls, sheet film) should
be put in a ziploc bag first.

  For the record, it was in the fridge, not the freezer.

  I had put the box in a plastic freezer bag. But because of the size of
the box, the bag didn't close.. so I left it open. Big Mistake.

  The envelope would not detach from the metal clip for the remaining 5 or
so that were left. Not sure what happened, but I am thinking that the metal
somehow bound itself to the paper given the moisture.

  Oh well, lesson learned.. the hard way *sigh*

  I really like Polaroids but they are so expensive..

-- Justin F. Knotzke jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx http://www.shampoo.ca