[pure-silver] Re: FW: Re: What happend? CORRECTION

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 11:20:07 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Georges Giralt" <georges.giralt@xxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2006 10:16 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: FW: Re: What happend? CORRECTION

Dave Valvo a écrit :
Question:::: On whose (manufacturer) RC paper are theses "stains" appearing. Would like to hear from everyone that has seen this. Dave

Hi Dave !
I've one RC print showing bronzing and silvering. It is on 1998 vintage Agfa Multicontrast Premium paper. I do not think it is bad processing, because I've an identical print, made at the same time and treated the same which is not showing any deterioration.
The silvered print was on display into an office on a totally air conditioned building (no possibility to open any window...) Others prints in RC on display in this same office, on Agfa's and Ilford RC do not show bronzing or silvering but are going all brown like some sepia toner. It is an overall change in color affecting also the margins. So it seems that it is caused by some air pollutant.
I've somwhere a scan of the bronzed/silvered print to show.
Have a nice day !
--
I think this may have been during the period when Agfa was suffering from oxidative gasses emmitted by the TiO in the reflective layer of the paper. The oxidizers also attacked the plastic causing cracking and flaking.

---