[pure-silver] Re: Exulting XTOL

  • From: <C.Breukel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 09:49:16 +0100

FYI:

I have been using Xtol for years without a problem, even 2+ years old
stock.

Here is what I do: I mix stock from 5 ltr package (distilled water!).
Store part of it in brown glass bottles, filed to the rim. The other
part (say 2 liters) I put in smaller bottles: partly filled with either
150 ml stock, or slightly larger bottles filled with 250 ml stock.

All these bottles are filled to the rim with distilled water and
carefully closed, stored in my tiny cellar (10-15dgC) and when needed
the volume is enlarged to 300ml for 35 mm or 500ml for 120.

Sound like more work than it really is, and you can quickly start
processing your film

Best,

Cor