[pure-silver] Re: Excellent editorial from the UK on harassment of photographers as potential terrorists

  • From: eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 22:07:10 +0000

> I was physically prevented recently from photographing the front
> of a small, inner city church near San Diego by an overzealous
> parishioner, who amazingly enough said that he was worried I was
> making the photographs in order to conduct a terrorist attack on
> the church. At some point it just ceases to be worth the hassle.

That's just nuts, of course. But at the same time it would have been worth your
while to contact the minister and ask "permission", explain your artistic
interest in their building, promise a print, do a group shot. You might turn
the experience into something positive for you and them - serve as an
ambassador for large format photography. If he/she says no, then you didn't
waste your time setting up.

E.