[pure-silver] Re: Death Valley Photography

  • From: "Nicholas O. Lindan" <nolindan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 17:59:35 -0500

"Bogdan Karasek" <bkarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

styrofoam cooler, road flares, 5-10 gal water container....Las Vegas

K-Mart and Wal-Mart both have decent sporting-goods and
camping supplies.  It sounds like you will be ditching
the gear after your trip so there is no point getting
anything fancy.  On my ditch-it trips I leave the gear
on the picnic table in the campground with a 'free'
note.

Be sure to pack/buy several wide-brimmed hats.  You are
sure to lose at least one; it is not a bad idea to tie
a long string between you and the hat.  Bring long-sleeved
white shirts and long pants - a Montreal sun tan will stand
you no good in DV, and 'sun-tan lotion' is more likely to
damage your skin than the sun is.  A beach umbrella for the
sun and a camp chair are nice things to have - it lets you sit, admire the scenery and wait for the perfect light without getting cooked medium-rare.

And some good books to read while you hole up for the
hottest part of the day.

==
Nicholas O. Lindan
Cleveland Engineering Design, LLC