[pure-silver] Re: Darkroom

  • From: Georges Giralt <georges.giralt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:25:25 +0100

Selon Ray Rogers <earthsoda@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Sorry, could you plug in the holes?
>
> 1.
> >all the plugs are GFIC except...
> What does GFIC stand for?
GFIC ground fault interrupt (don't know for the C)
Normally, the two electrical wires carry the same current. If something touch
one wire, some current does not go to the other wire, but through the earth. So
there is a difference in the amount of current seen by each wire. The GFC
monitor this. If the difference is above the threshold, it opens the circuit.
I've in my main garage line a 10mA GFC which saved my life a couple of times.
It tripped without an electrical shock ! I, at first, do nto feel the current
and wondered why it has tripped. I do recommend it in rooms where water and
electricity mix. Especially ones where a lot of things can go wrong like
darkroom....

> 2.
> >I went for a high CFM number
> What does CFM stand for?

cubic foot per minute it serve as a measure of the amount of air a vent produce.
Keep in mind that you need a complete change of air as often as possible
(especially when toning with "nasty stuff" ) so calculate the CFM you need
knowing your darkroom volume. Bear in mind that if you take air out of the room
it must enter the same amount otherwise you will die with no air left ;-) (in
other words, the motor will not have enough power to take air out if it pumps
from a tightly closed room.
> 3.
> a very low sones number.
> What does sones mean?

The sone are a measure of noise. le lower the figure, the lower the noise. Bear
in mind that these figure are logaritmic... so even a small number differenc is
audible.
HAve a nice day !