[pure-silver] Re: Darkroom

  • From: Georges Giralt <georges.giralt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 18:10:14 +0100

Sauerwald Mark a écrit :
> Georges
>
> I am not certain how the standard electrical systems
> work in France. I do know that there are significant
> differences between the UK and North America.  As a
> result, I would consult with a local electrician, and
> make certain that he knows that the electirical
> outlets will be used near water - like in a bathroom,
> and follow his advice rather than that of those of us
> on this list.
>
> Mark
It is of course obvious that EVERYONE must follow electrical codes and,
especially into darkrooms, spend the extra money between "required" and
"will be best" in sake of safety.
When young, France used 110V 50Hz system (*) , and I had a bad
experience : when unwiring a big AC motor, someone actionned the switch
in order to get light. He gets a strange cry... I stuck on to the wire
not being able to do anything... Fortunatelly, my boss where here and
kicked my ass with it's rubber wearing foot... my right hand freeze when
I remember this... I could have been killed.... So when we had to have
the house re wired, I REQUIRED the GFC the electrician was willing to
spare... And this proved really usefull.
* I've been told that one of the reason for the move to 220V 50Hz was
that you wont stick to the energized wire, and so would have a shock but
not die... I advice you : Don't try ! It's not fun ;-)
--
Ce message est constitué d'au moins 50 % d'électrons recyclés.
Aucun électron n'a été blessé ou forcé d'aucune manière