[pure-silver] Re: DURST OTONEG 2 1000 enlarger and 401 Mrk II head?

  • From: Nick Zentena <zentena@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:08:05 -0500

On January 10, 2005 01:38 pm, Georges Giralt wrote:

> "handle" hold, with the two chrome plater near the hinge serve to hold
> the upper glass. I hope you own one...

        No I'm missing the upper glass. I figured that would be easy to
replace. The
glass must have been pretty thin to fit.

> Normally the upper glass is/was anti newton style. they where called
> OTOGLASS (but you can find replacement easilly if you go to ask an
> enalrger repairman).

 Are all the Otoglass the same size? Stone Mills shows a few but no  mention
of size.

> I wonder what kind of neg carrier you had with the Pavelle head because
> when I look at the manual which came with the enlarger, the neg carrier
> do not looks like an OTONEG II (maybe it is an OTONEG firts version ?) ?
> If you need any infrmation, feel free to ask !

  The carriers I have aren't real Durst. My guess is KHB [I bought the
enlarger from them] made them.  They're nice but I've only got 6x7 and 35mm.
I guess they are similar to the ones that came from Durst. The spacers that
gets installed for the head make up for the fact they are very thin. I made a
4x5 out of black mat board. It works but a glass carrier would be much nicer.

        Thanks
        Nick