[pure-silver] Re: DURST OTONEG 2 1000 enlarger and 401 Mrk II head?

  • From: Georges Giralt <georges.giralt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 19:38:14 +0100

I've got the OTONEG in front of me :
if you open it, the upper part have, in the front, a chrome plated part
which can slide (there is a "handle" you can see when it is closed) this
"handle" hold, with the two chrome plater near the hinge serve to hold
the upper glass. I hope you own one...
The lower glass is secured in a different way: the fixed stop is at the
front of the carrier, and is a black metal (steel ?) sheet. You remove
the glass by moving the center rear holding "thing" which is at the
center of the glass.
The glassless neg inserts are called OTOPFE with a figure for the format
: 45 for 4X5, 69 for 6cmx9 cm, and so on. they are made of to metal
plates (thick and heavy) one perforated, the other one with "bumps"
going into the matching holes. I own a set of OTOPFE, but do not use
them, as they are badly corroded and I do prefer a glass carrier. (it is
way better to hold a neg. flat and worth the trouble keeping them clean)
Normally the upper glass is/was anti newton style. they where called
OTOGLASS (but you can find replacement easilly if you go to ask an
enalrger repairman).
I wonder what kind of neg carrier you had with the Pavelle head because
when I look at the manual which came with the enlarger, the neg carrier
do not looks like an OTONEG II (maybe it is an OTONEG firts version ?) ?
If you need any infrmation, feel free to ask !
Nick Zentena a écrit :
> On January 10, 2005 12:29 pm, Georges Giralt wrote:
>

>>I own a L1000 with a condenser head. So I got the OTONEG II, as you.
>>But with the beast came a CLS450 head (the guy owned 2 L1000, one B&W
>>the other color. When returning from Africa one box was lost.... So he
>>sold the 2 heads with the remaining base)
>>Of course, when I tried to use the CLS 450 the otoneg was un usable
>>because the rim at the bottom was too thick... Sounds familiar ?
>>I've got (from Durst) the L1000+CLS 450 manual and saw I needed a TAUNEG
>>neg carrier (this one takes white format masks above the upper glass in
>>order to return "unused light" into the mixing chamber so has two chrome
>>plated springs in the opening upper window.
>>I do not know if it will fit the Pavelle color head, but I've bought
>>mine new, yes NEW ! for a quite "reasonable" price here :
>>http://www.stonemills.net/inventory.html look under Durst inventory.
>>There is one left and do not forget to buy the TAUNOMASK masking
>>frames... it is usefull for color printing.
>>You may ask Durst, first, in order to ascertain that this will fit...
>>Hope this helps !
>

>       Durst won't tell me anything-) They just sent  out the manual and tell
> me
> it's out service. I paid almost $6 for this Otoneg and I'd like to get it
> working-) It's also got a two piece metal 4x5 mask  that I can't figure out.
> My guess is the glass pops out and the metal frame goes in it's place. OTOH I
> can't figure out how the glass comes out. Plus a pull thing on the front that
> doesn't seem to do anything.
>
>       For me the $200 Stonemills wants for the Tauneg is more then it's
> worth.
> That's almost what I paid for the whole enlarger. I know Stonemill doesn't
> know anything about this head. I was trying to find a smaller light box for
> it and they couldn't help.
>
>       My manual for the head doesn't mention the carrier at all. It mentions
> installing a pair of runners but those don't interfere with the carrier. I
> wonder if I installed the head a little low or something.
>
>       Thanks
>       Nick

Ce message est constitué d'au moins 50 % d'électrons recyclés.
Aucun électron n'a été blessé ou forcé d'aucune manière
pendant l'écriture de ce message. S'il vous plaît aidez nous
à conserver nos ressources, recyclez vos électrons !