[pure-silver] Re: Common Printing Mistakes

  • From: eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 01:48:44 +0000

Done all of those except for #5 - My Durst does not make #5 a problem at all.
Glass holders make switching from neg to neg easier by not having to refocus.
I've solved number 3 by keeping a small dry erase board on the wall near the
enlarger. It's been very helpful, especially since I work on prints over days.
I can leave notes for myself.
As for number 2, a friend taught me to scratch the sheet (finger tip not nail)
and listen to the difference between emulsion and paper sides. Works great.

Here's my list of errors I can't stop making:
Not stopping the lens back down after checking focus.
Not taking the filter out for graded sheets, and wondering why exposures are
taking so long.
Touching and smearing the lens while reaching up to stop up or down while
looking through grain focuser.
Dropping the sheet back into the developer after taking too long to get it out
in the first place.

E.

From: "Nicholas O. Lindan" <nolindan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>