[pure-silver] Re: Common Printing Mistakes

  • From: Mark Blackwell <mblackwell1958@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 13:29:47 -0700 (PDT)

Well if that's the worst you ever did, you should be proud of yourself.  I had
to store my enlarger for a while.  When I finally got it back after a move I
was demonstrating some printing and kept having dust spots.  I could figure out
what in the world was causing them.  The it dawned on me I never cleaned the
lens after 6 months in storage.  Gee that wouldn't create a dust problem now
would it LOL.  That crate was dust free you don't you know.  Funny how that
after I cleaned the lens the dust was suddenly gone.

I am continuously amazed at how stupid most of our mistakes seem AFTER we find
them, and how hard they are to see BEFORE we find them.

I am always reminded just how quick you can mess up though when the brain gear
shift goes into park instead of drive.  Even brief senior moments can cause
enough gray hair to make one able to get the Senior citizens discount at the
buffet.