[pure-silver] Cleaning Ilford Muligrade filters

  • From: "Breukel, C. (HKG)" <C.Breukel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Pure Silver (F) (E-mail)" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 16:06:28 +0100

Hi,
I obtained a set of 12 "under-the lens" multigrade filters with holder from
Ilford. They are quite dusty, but most of the dust can be blown of. More
seriously are the finger marks on them. Is there a way to clean them (I know
that water is out of the question, so maybe isopropanol, or 100% alchol?)

Most opinions on these under the lens filters are that they are equally good
as above the lens, but with these finger prints on some of them (obviously
the most used ones..) wiil , I guess degrade the image on the print

Best,

Cor