[pure-silver] Re: Cleaning Ilford Muligrade filters

  • From: Georges Giralt <georges.giralt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 18:45:07 +0100

Breukel, C. (HKG) a écrit :
> Hi,
> I obtained a set of 12 "under-the lens" multigrade filters with holder from
> Ilford. They are quite dusty, but most of the dust can be blown of. More
> seriously are the finger marks on them. Is there a way to clean them (I know
> that water is out of the question, so maybe isopropanol, or 100% alchol?)
>
> Most opinions on these under the lens filters are that they are equally good
> as above the lens, but with these finger prints on some of them (obviously
> the most used ones..) wiil , I guess degrade the image on the print
>

> Best,
>
> Cor
Hi Cor !
There is a sort of tissue made of micro fiber which act, when dry, as a
grease sponge !
It is really great at removing grease from lenses, so it could work on
the filters.
You can find them as optical store selling spectacles. It is often
called "miracle cloth" or high tech cloth...
Hope this helps.
--
Ce message est constitué d'au moins 50 % d'électrons recyclés.
Aucun électron n'a été blessé ou forcé d'aucune manière