[pure-silver] Re: Chromogenic toning?

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 14:49:03 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Koch, Gerald" <gkoch02@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2005 2:02 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Chromogenic toning?

> Based solely on the two molecular weights CD-3 (436.52)
> and CD-4 (292.34) you
> should use 2/3 the given amount rather than half.  Now,
> CD-3 might be faster
> acting accounting for the difference in amounts.  You
> would have to do some
> testing.
>
> Jerry

   I wonder what, if any, advantage chromogenic toning has
over simple dye toning of prints. Dye toning is an old
process where the image is bleached using a bleach that acts
as a mordant for the dye. The only special chemicals needed
are the dyes. Kodak has published at least two bleach
formulas over the years. Perhaps there is a more modern
bleach available.

---