[pure-silver] Re: Buyer found for AGFA Photo

  • From: DarkroomMagic <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 03:42:19 +0100

Charlie

If mixing your own chemicals is not your thing, don¹t worry.

Try ID-11 at the same dilution and for the same time as D76. They are
practically identical. As Richard said D76 is buffered and ID-11 is not.
Both developers gain strength with age if subjected to air (oxidize and pH
increase), and the buffer is there to compensate for that. Nevertheless, I
typically mix ID-11 as a stock solution of 1 or 2.5l, and then immediately
fill 150ml olive glasses with it all the way to the rim. I make sure that
there is only a tiny bubble of air and that the cap is tightly sealed.
Stored that way at room temperature, I have used ID-11 after 6 months
without any ill effect. Once I missed a glass at the back of the shelve and
found it 18 months later. It also worked just fine. Sometimes, there is some
brown debris at the bottom of the glass or tiny white crystals, but after
shaking the glass a bit, they go back into solution quickly.

Good luck.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

http://www.darkroomagic.com