[pure-silver] Re: Buyer found for AGFA Photo

  • From: Charlie Thorsten <charlie_thorsten@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 15:00:21 -0800 (PST)

--- Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>    One can hope only that the remaining market will
> be large
> enough to support Ilford and smaller companies like
> Efke,
> Berrger, Foma, etc.
>    We are loosing a hell of a lot of technological
> knowledge
> with the loss of Kodak and Agfa.

I went to my local photo supply store yesterday to
buy some D76 and their paper section was all Ilford.
They used to have Kodak, Agfa and Forte on the
shelves as well, but no more.  Luckily, they said
they've had no problem ordering Ilford supplies
and hopefully they'll have enough of the small B&W
market that they can stay alive.

I know...I was in there buying D76 so I'm not really
helping.  But I like shooting Tmax 100 and Tri-X,
and I don't know of a good Ilford developer for these
films.  Ilfotec?  I guess I should try Delta 100 and
HP5+.