[pure-silver] Re: Building a darkroom sink

  • From: Sauerwald Mark <mark_sauerwald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 04:37:38 -0800 (PST)

Mark

I built a sink for a temporary darkroom
(convert-a-bathroom), which has short folding legs and
sits over a bathtub.  It was made of a plywood base,
with hardwood sides, glued and screwed, and then
covered with fiberglass cloth and resin.  I did not
paint it.

It works fine, is solid and waterproof, although not a
huge sink that would have to hold a lot of weight in
water.

I have a friend who built a sink that is used in a
local college group darkroom - similar basic
principle, although he added ribbing under the base,
and after it was built, he brought it to a place that
does spray-on pick-up truck bed liners, and had that
stuff sprayed onto the sink.  It is a rubber like
material which gives a durable matt finish to the
sink.  He built this sink 15 years ago, and it has
been in daily use since then by hoardes of students.
It is just as sturdy today as it was 15 years ago, and
just as ugly :)

Mark

--- Mark Blackwell <mblackwell1958@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>