[pure-silver] Re: Ansco 120 shelf life?

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 14:43:02 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Philippe Gauthier" <pgauth@xxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 2:35 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Ansco 120 shelf life?

Hello

I'll be mixing some Ansco 120 tonight as part as a paper developer workshop in my photo club. Now, I know that, thanks to glycin, Ansco 130 will keep for several months, but how long will Ansco 120 keep? I don't see any indications anywhere. Do you have to mix it fresh everytime you want to use it?

Philippe Gauthier

Niether Agfa or Ansco published shelf life times. Based on Selectol Soft, which is similar the shelf life for unused stock should be anywhere from 3 to 6 months in a filled bottle. Kodak's shelf lives are very conservative.

---