[pure-silver] Re: 3x4 Speed Graphic with Magnigier in Back Cover

  • From: `Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 08:33:12 -0700

   You mean Graflex holders. They are hard to find in any size. Fortunately, my Super-D has a Graflok back so takes standard Graphic holders. The Graflex back had a removable ground glass panel and took various accessories but needed the different holders. Actually either back could be gotten on either camera. Speed Graphics with Graflex backs were used for some scientific purposes because of the accessories that could be fitted on them.
   The Graflok back provided a standard spring back for Graphic holders but also had a removable panel to take accessories held by sliding lock strips similar to the Graflex back but did not take Graflex accessories. The Graflok back could be refitted onto nearly any Graphic or Graflex camera.

On 7/29/2020 7:44 AM, Chauncey Walden wrote:

On 7/28/2020 10:39 PM, `Richard Knoppow wrote:

   3x4 film holders are quite rare, I notice he is including a couple with the camera.
Yeah, try finding a grooved one for the Graphic! I finally got hold of one to go along with my bag mag.
Chauncey

Richard Knoppow
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
WB6KBL