RE: PTR1/2

  • From: "Pele West" <pele.west@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 11:34:07 +0000

Hi Everyone

Thanks very much for the information you all supplied.  I will wait for the
PTR2, I think.

At home we are trying to put all our LPs and cassettes on CD.  I thought having
a PTR2 might be a way of achieving this.

However, does anyone have any other suggestions?  Please write offlist to
pele.west@xxxxxxxxxx as this takes the subject away from PTR1/2.

My husband has a record deck and a cassette deck connected to his PC and he
uses Soundforge and Goldwave to produce CDs.  I appear to have a problem
with my soundblaster Live sound card.  If I record from a tape, or from a CD,
or from the internet, it clicks and crackles.  This problem was far worse when
I had
Windows 98, but there is still an amount of crackling.

I thought that if I could find some form of digital recorder to connect to the
hi-fi this might be another solution.

Please don't advise me to buy a new sound card.  I know this is an option, but
I am looking at other options as well.

Any thoughts or information welcome.

Pele West