[pskmail] Re: minor sucess

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 20:05:44 +0100

tis 2008-01-15 klockan 09:21 -0800 skrev jason matonis:
> Would it be possible for the client to detect the signal strength from
> the server and have it automatically adjust the speeds accordingly???
> just an idea, maybe even have the client automatically adjust the
> server speed w/o typing in any commands. Even before a connect is
> established.
>

> Jason

Perhaps we are then talking about something similar to an LQA, Link
Quality Analysis, in ALE? Stations will there broadcast, sound the
channel, beacons and receiving stations can then measure the quality of
the received signal. For a scanning server that will help the client to
know what channel to call on, you could perhaps use the LQA to adjust
the mode as well but I don't know how to make the proper choice then.