[pskmail] Re: Server update online

  • From: Bill Kelsey - N8ET <n8et@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 16:08:23 -0500

Rein -

Thanks for the help today.  I successfully got PSKmail Client installed
on my desktop PC running Ubuntu 7.10. I was able to use CPan and install
the rest of the files that are needed for the client to run. I am going
to hook up the radio and see if I can make a contact or tow on 20 next.

The Windows System file appears to be corrupt on my Laptop.  I can still
see the disk and files with Puppy, so tomorrow when I take the XYL to
the airport (she is going to California to be with her parents) I will
pick up an external USB drive and back up all the files on that hard
drive and then try to recover.  The hard drive problems may be what was
causing Puppy to hang the past several days.

73 - Bill - N8ET