[pskmail] Re: minor sucess

  • From: roger g6ckr <radio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 15:36:23 +0000

On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 13:00 +0100, Pär Crusefalk wrote:
> mån 2008-01-14 klockan 23:25 +0000 skrev roger g6ckr:
> > Hi.
> > Tonight I managed to send a couple of short emails via SM0RWO.
> > The odd thing is I was on 80 M but I could only get a connect during
> > minute 0 whcih the Wiki says should be top band.
> > The web log shows a connect on minute 0 (2300 right after a beacon).
> > Am misunderstanding how a scanning server works or is it just on a
> > different routine to that published on the wiki server page?
> > 73 Roger G6CKR
>
> Hi Roger,
>
> First of all I'm glad that you managed to work the server. I looked at
> the log now and it looks like the connection wasn't the very best.
> I was busy with the kids last night so I couldn't listen, did you hear
> the server all right? If you wish I could perhaps set psk125 on 80 and
> see if that helps?
>
> Regarding the scanning I may have failed to update the wiki as I should.
> As you say it should not have sent a beacon on 80 meters at minute 0, I
> will check this tonight.
>
> 73 de Per, sm0rwo
OK Per.
Thanks for the reply
Just glad to make it at all as I'm still learning. I'm also helping test
the fldigi farq combo.
Conditions were a bit up and down but I don't think dropping to 125
would have made much difference it may even have made it worse due the
the longer tx times.
The one click speed change button sounds like a good addition to make it
easy to try a speed drop.
The email was a quick one from within pskmail. I want to try one
prepared externally next.
73 Roger
G6CKR