[pskmail] Re: Server Troubleshooting Guide?

  • From: John Douyere <vk2eta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 15:47:14 +1000

Hi Gary,

That makes sense then. At home, for doing on-air tests, I have made up
a small "leaky" coax cable between the rig and the dummy load by
exposing the internal sleeve of the coax cable mid-way.

That way I can expose or or less of the sleeve (where the central
conductor is) and I can re-create approximately what happens on air as
I have variable attenuation.

In the past I have used a 100W incandescent bulb fed through a tuner
as a very leaky dummy load. But then I could not adjust the
attenuation of the signal.

Good luck with the system.

All the best,

73, John