[pskmail] Live Distro problems....:-(

  • From: Jack Chomley <radio@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 15:06:29 +1000

Over the last 3 days or so, using 3 laptops and a desktop I am wondering IF I am jinxed. Its seems the PSKmail live distro CD will run only on my desktop, none of the laptops (2 older Toshibas a 1550 CDS and and 1800, a Twinhead AMD Durabook ) So.....I tried the Puppy cut down version, it had failures on all machines. So I burnt a Mandriva 1 2007 ISO that came with a PC magazine CD, it crashed on everything too. In desperation I found a Ubuntu 6.0.6 LTS Desktop Live CD version, from a PC mag in June 2006 it works fine as an O/S on the Durabook and Dell Desktop machine. The question is. Will the PSKmail executables run with this O/S and I also want to use the Tigertronics SignaLink USB unit for my interface?. I am hoping the O/S will "see" it as a USB Audio Codec, and Fldigi will work with it :-)

Any ideas appreciated.

73s

Jack VK4JRC