[pskmail] Server 0.5

  • From: Goody K3NG <goody.k3ng@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 20:26:14 -0400

I got it working. I did a work-around for the problems I was having with fldigi; I bypassed my RX audio attenuation resistor pad and plugged the rig audio into the 'line in' jack instead of the mic jack. For some reason the audio level going into the mic jack just isn't enough for fldigi 1.37 and newer, with the line input it works fine.

I noticed one issue with server 0.5. It does a disconnect packet upon start up, just like 0.4 did, however it doesn't include a callsign in the packet. When I watched a newer client connect up to my server a couple weeks ago before I went on two trips, I noticed the callsign identification was gone from most (all?) packets other than the connect attempt, if I recall correctly. I'm not sure of the regulations in Europe, but in the US we need to identify at the beginning and end of a QSO, and also every 10 minutes during a QSO.

I modified arq.pm on my server to include the server callsign in the packets. Here's the diff:

242c242
< $StartHeader = sprintf("%c", '1');
---
> > $StartHeader = sprintf("%s%c", $ServerCall, '1');

73
Goody
K3NG

--