[pskmail] Re: Error decoding

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 15:39:47 +0100

Hi Seli,

No, I really do not think so. That is an error in the configuration.xml file, something is empty where a number was expected. What you can do is to look in the pskmail folder (its .pskmail in home on linux and a pskmail folder under Documents and setting/youruser on windows. If you rename/remove that configuration.xml file then you can redo the settings in preferences so that the necessary settings are saved.
If possible I would love to have a copy of it and see what the issue is.

The image issue was an error on the server, it failed to locate the temp file so you got an empty file instead. I'll see if I can set up another client and test that.

Yes, you are abt 5 degrees further north. Last time I was on Iceland I only changed flights and could not set up the radio, I hope I can have another go this autumn and perhaps stay a night or two there with my FT-817 :-). Btw that polar ring arctic expedition should be on its way now, waiting for a position report from them. If you are QRV there and enable Igate then that could be a really excellent position for receiving their beacons.

73 de Per
SM0RWO

P.s. I mean these guys: http://www.ec-arctic.ru/eng/pr/

2011-02-19 15:18, A.Oskarsson skrev:
Hej Per and others,

Could it be that it is related to the startup of jPSKmail ?
I get the following warning when I start the program:
Message: For input string: ""
 From class: class.java.lang.Numberformatexception
Problems with config parameter

Yes, PER I'm used to get the vy QSB, remember we are much closer to the
magnetic pole than you are, and aurora is very effective.

73 Seli

Þann 19.2.2011 13:58, skrifaði Pär Crusefalk:
Hi Seli,

I was in the shack when this happened. I followed the QSO while
working on jpskmail, at one time fldigi locked up and I had to restart
it.
I did look at that image thing and the server had an issue, it was
looking for a temp file that was gone. So you probably got an empty
file there...seems like a server issue. Just to understand what
happened, did you start that download and then reconnect? It looked to
me like it restarted sending the image as soon as you connected?

The qso had some QSB on it, sometimes a very nice signal and sometimes
it faded away. Noticed you managed to do some email anyway, hoped that
worked fine.

73 de Per
SM0RWO

2011-02-19 14:00, A.Oskarsson skrev:
Hello all,

I get this error when decoding a small picture from SM0RWO

From class: class java.io.EOFException
Error when trying to decode ........

Is this a JAVA problem ?

What to do to fix ?