[pskmail] Re: BBS for emergency communications

  • From: "Bill - N8ET" <n8et@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 17:46:50 -0500

Rein -

I would say your list of items is a good place to start:

* Storage of mail not deliverable via internet (immediate delivery in case
of internet connection)
* Store/forward of mail to a destination BBS via a HF link
* User interface via Kmail or Evolution (POP3 interface)
* Capability to send scheduled bulletins
* Built in web server so people can also look at the mail locally (at the
server location, which may be a command post of some sorts) via a
connected  LAN with a laptop

The only other thing I would add would be the ability to store and acess
simple text files.

Don't try to make it do everything! (I agree with your comments about the
ones that are out there now!)

--
73 - Bill - N8ET
Kanga US