[pskmail] Re: BBS for emergency communications

  • From: "sv1uy" <sv1uy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 16:20:48 +0200

Hi all,

I personally like Rein's ideas but I cannot say that Per is wrong either. The
world has truly changed today and most do not use the old BBSes anymore.

I have been involved for years, and still am involved, with BBSes but I have
always used and still use JNOS because it has built in TCP/IP, FBB forwarding
and many drivers for hardware including SOUNDCARD support and PACTOR
controllers.

JNOS 2.0 today runs in LINUX, DOS, WINDOWS and MAC and it is still supported,
by Maiko Langelaar VE4KLM. I use it here in Athens 24/7 as an AMPRnet GATEWAY
and as a BBS. It also has an APRS client from the BBS prompt and many other
features thanks to Maiko.

Perhaps you should have a look at http://www.langelaar.net/projects/jnos2/
before making your mind up.

I'm sure that Maiko would gladly cooperate with PSKmail. He is an interesting
guy!!

I hope I am not going to make you deviate from your plans very much but I
think it is worth checking!

---
73 de Demetre Valaris - SV1UY
e-mail: sv1uy@xxxxxxxxxxx
AX25 PBBS: SV1UY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://sv1uy.ampr.org/~sv1uy
http://www.athnet.ampr.org/~sv1uy

P.S. Tonight I will try again to make PSKmail work in my UBUNTU 6.10
installation before giving up and installing the liveCD distro on HD.