[pskmail] Re: BBS for emergency communications

  • From: Wolf Höller <oe7ftj@xxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 22:15:38 +0200

Hi Rein!

When I understand right, you think it is very complicate to setup and maintain a 'openBCM' BBS. I'm sysop of the BBS/node system OE7XLR here in Innsbruck, Austria. I'm running the actual openBCM Linux version 1.07b3. One of the keyfeatures is to login via telnet, pop3, smtp or http as well as via plain ax25. The mails have to match the format "<call>@oe7xlr.ampr.org". I'm a real newbee with PSKmail, but I think it should be no problem to setup a PSKmail-server on the same PC and configure the link to the pop3 and smtp ports on the localhost.
This linking feature could be a fascinating combination.
I'm engaged in emergency communication here in Austria and I find it useful to connect with a lowpower / lowend equipment to send mails to the BBS. For now I have to do my first steps in operating with PSK31/64/125 and pskmail.
--
Wolf, oe7ftj

PR:     @oe7xlr.#oe7.aut.eu
AMPR:   @oe7xlr.ampr.org