[pskmail] Aw: Re: PSKmailservers in the Pacific

  • From: "Rein Couperus" <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 09:23:06 +0200 (CEST)

PSkmail was developed because WINLINK did not work for me.
In my camper it runs on a simple ASUS eeePC901.
If you don't like it, fine.
If you have been sent here by the WINLINK folks to help them advertize their system,
please go away, they have their own mailing list.

The purpose of this list is to help further development of the system.

He he he,

You are spot on Jack as usual. PSKmail using FLDIGI is fine as a toy,
at least for the time being, but when it come to real life, nothing
can beat PACTOR II, III and IV. And all you need to run it is a humble
old netbook. Even an ancient ASUS eeePC701 4G Surf works for me here!

As I have said in the past, I wish PSKmail would support hardware
modems, especially PTC-II or Pedragon modems which are backward
compatible. This way PSKmail would support Pactor I-IV and also Robust
Packet Radio! Then it would be a fantastic system, much better than
WINLINK2000.

--
73 de SV1UY
Demetre Ch. Valaris