[pskmail] Re: Aw: Re: New User : Email setting problem

  • From: Greg <kb1ncj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 06:29:43 -0500

Rein, tried port 25 with no ssl and sends fine with gmx.. yet to try with server though.

~Greg

On 11/30/2012 05:37 AM, Rein Couperus wrote:
Yes, gmx is available in EU also... have you tried gmx with pskmail?

Rein

I use gmx.com for free email... Available in Europe?

Greg

On 11/30/2012 05:23 AM, Rein Couperus wrote:

    Hi Philippe,

    * have you set a session password in Preferences->Edit->User data?
    If not, pse do this and do 'Update server' again.
    The pskmail servers use a 2-step authentication procedure to make
    sure
    it is you who is connecting...

    * sometimes gmail will send you an email where you have to approve
    the ip address
    of the server. For this there is a web page where you can see if
    the ip address in the
    email is indeed from a pskmail server:
    http://pskmail.org/checkip.html
    Normally, after you have confirmed the ip address as valid, gmail
    will not protest anymore.

    It is a pity that gmail is acting up on us all the time, you could
    consider to use another
    free email service foir ham radio purposes. We have to do a lot of
    extra stuff to make gmail work,
    and they do not stick to the standard protocols....

    Rein PA0R

    Hello everybody,
    I am new to pskmail and datamode in general trying this fantastic
    applications.
    Using pskmail 1.5.10 on ubuntu 10.04.
    When trying to upload my email setting with my gmail account I
    obtain :
    Receiving record
    Updated databasr F5OWL

    =>No Server public key... reconnect...

    Can't find what is wrong with my setting or procedure.
    I also received a warning from gmail with suspicious connection
    detected and blocked.
    I supposed pskmail server was not allowed to connect to my gmail
    account.

    Can somebody help me ?

    73
    Philippe