[pskmail] Aw: Re: New User : Email setting problem

  • From: "Rein Couperus" <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 11:37:35 +0100 (CET)

Yes, gmx is available in EU also... have you tried gmx with pskmail?

Rein

I use gmx.com for free email... Available in Europe?

Greg

On 11/30/2012 05:23 AM, Rein Couperus wrote:
Hi Philippe,

* have you set a session password in Preferences->Edit->User data?
If not, pse do this and do 'Update server' again.
The pskmail servers use a 2-step authentication procedure to make sure
it is you who is connecting...

* sometimes gmail will send you an email where you have to approve the ip address
of the server. For this there is a web page where you can see if the ip address in the
email is indeed from a pskmail server:
Normally, after you have confirmed the ip address as valid, gmail will not protest anymore.

It is a pity that gmail is acting up on us all the time, you could consider to use another
free email service foir ham radio purposes. We have to do a lot of extra stuff to make gmail work,
and they do not stick to the standard protocols....

Rein PA0R

Hello everybody,
I am new to pskmail and datamode in general trying this fantastic applications.
Using pskmail 1.5.10 on ubuntu 10.04.
When trying to upload my email setting with my gmail account I obtain :
Receiving record
Updated databasr F5OWL

=>No Server public key... reconnect...

Can't find what is wrong with my setting or procedure.
I also received a warning from gmail with suspicious connection detected and blocked.
I supposed pskmail server was not allowed to connect to my gmail account.

Can somebody help me ?

73
Philippe
F5OWL