[projectaon] Re: Some more 25totw errata

  • From: Jonathan Blake <blake.jon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 14:30:16 -0700

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 2:17 PM, Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 26/04/2011 20:06, Jonathan Blake wrote:
>>
>> For Trail of the Wolf:
>>
>> (er)    79:     [lm: I assume that the jar counts as one item]
>>
>> Also 163 and 234. It's impossible to say for sure. The only evidence
>> that I see is that "doses" isn't capitalized. The only think
>> capitalized is Obhanthor.
>
> So, do we footnote it that "This Jar of Obanthor takes up one slot in your
> Backpack."?
>
> (ft)    79, 163, 234:   The Jar of Obhanthor takes up one slot in your
> Backpack.

I should have said that in 163 there is a jar of Obhanthor and a jar
of Satchwort and in 234 there is a _vial_ of Venell and a _vial_ of
Tortwich.

>> (er)    79, 163, 234:   meal ->  Meal
>>
>> This would imply that the GM can only use this if a meal is available
>> according to game rules. I think this is the implication of this
>> sentence, but capitalizing "meal" would make it more clear.
>
> What if you use Grand Huntmastery in lieu of a Meal?

I'm guessing that should work. Do you think capitalizing meal would
confuse this issue?

>> (er)    139:    If you possess Bardsmanship ->  If you possess
>> Bardsmanship,
>> and have attained the rank of Kai Grand Master Superior [SO: You can
>> only obtain the Kraan Pipe if you have Bardsmanship (cf. Section 90]
>>
>> What's relevant in Section 90? I feel like I'm missing something. :)
>>
>> So we're justifying this because a GM with Bardmanship but below a
>> rank of Kai Grand Master Superior would be unable to "utilize their
>> musical skills to pacify an excited or hostile animal" and otherwise
>> this requirement is redundant?
>
> Gah! Dumb typo. See:
>
> <http://www.projectaon.org/en/xhtml/lw/25totw/sect9.htm>
>
> You only get the Kraan Pipe if you possess Bardsmanship (see Section 9->246;
> contrast 9->165). Thus asking if you possess Bardsmanship in Section 139 is
> pointless, since you just said that you possess a Kraan Pipe (cf.
> <http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml/lw/25totw/sect345.htm>).
> Additionally, as you say, Kai Grand Masters at the rank of Kai Grand Master
> Superior "who possess this Discipline are able to utilize their musical
> skills to pacify an excited or hostile animal."
>
> Hope that's slightly less confusing. >_<

Makes sense to me, as long as it's well justified on the errata page.