[projectaon] Re: Some more 25totw errata

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 22:17:14 +0100

On 26/04/2011 20:06, Jonathan Blake wrote:
For Trail of the Wolf:

(er)    79:     [lm: I assume that the jar counts as one item]

Also 163 and 234. It's impossible to say for sure. The only evidence
that I see is that "doses" isn't capitalized. The only think
capitalized is Obhanthor.

So, do we footnote it that "This Jar of Obanthor takes up one slot in your Backpack."?

(ft)    79, 163, 234:   The Jar of Obhanthor takes up one slot in your Backpack.

(er)    79, 163, 234:   meal ->  Meal

This would imply that the GM can only use this if a meal is available
according to game rules. I think this is the implication of this
sentence, but capitalizing "meal" would make it more clear.

What if you use Grand Huntmastery in lieu of a Meal?

(er)    139:    If you possess Bardsmanship ->  If you possess Bardsmanship,
and have attained the rank of Kai Grand Master Superior [SO: You can
only obtain the Kraan Pipe if you have Bardsmanship (cf. Section 90]

What's relevant in Section 90? I feel like I'm missing something. :)

So we're justifying this because a GM with Bardmanship but below a
rank of Kai Grand Master Superior would be unable to "utilize their
musical skills to pacify an excited or hostile animal" and otherwise
this requirement is redundant?

Gah! Dumb typo. See:

<http://www.projectaon.org/en/xhtml/lw/25totw/sect9.htm>

You only get the Kraan Pipe if you possess Bardsmanship (see Section 9->246; contrast 9->165). Thus asking if you possess Bardsmanship in Section 139 is pointless, since you just said that you possess a Kraan Pipe (cf. <http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml/lw/25totw/sect345.htm>). Additionally, as you say, Kai Grand Masters at the rank of Kai Grand Master Superior "who possess this Discipline are able to utilize their musical skills to pacify an excited or hostile animal."

Hope that's slightly less confusing. >_<