[projectaon] Re: Footnotes Redux--Revenge of the Deathlord

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 13:54:04 +0000

On 12/02/2012 21:15, Chris Neilson wrote:
On Sat, 2012-02-11 at 11:28 +0000, Simon Osborne wrote:
Only
several searches were needed when using a rough regular expression such as:

<!--ERRTAG-[A-Z]+-[0-9]+-->
<!--/ERRTAG-[A-Z]+-[0-9]+-->
<!--ERRTAG-[A-Z]+-[0-9]+-[A-Z]+-->
<!--/ERRTAG-[A-Z]+-[0-9]+-[A-Z]+-->

I'm sure that can be reduced down to just one expression, but I'm just
dabbling to make life simpler for myself. ;-)

yeah you can use ? to mean "may or may not be present" ... so (assuming
all your escaping is correct) you could use:

Ha! That'll do it f'sure! Thanks for the tip. :-)

I've worked through Books 1-17 and 20-28 turning footnotes to errata entries. I've mainly been working on Jon's comments and precedents, though there are two general rules that I'm applying:

1) When not too intrusive, reminders to add or erase items should be part of the text, not a footnote;

2) Kai Weapon bonus reminders should be part of the text, not footnotes.

Rule 1 in particular is tricky, since it ultimately comes down to a judgement call. I have just finished up auditing Books 18-20 and am about to commit the changes per sub-series (1-5, 6-12, 13-20, 21-28). Uploading the new editions to the test area will take considerably longer.