[projectaon] Re: Footnotes Redux--Revenge of the Deathlord

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 20:32:37 +0000

On 12/02/2012 18:24, Ingo Kloecker wrote:
On Thursday 09 February 2012, Jonathan Blake wrote:
On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 5:34 AM, Simon Osborne
<outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
[27] (Section 162) It is impossible to reconcile the statement that
Old Kingdom magic is ‘older…than the Deathlord’s vile necromancy’
with the timeline presented in The Magnamund Companion, ‘Magnamund
Then and Now’ and the statements about the origin of magical power
in ‘The Realms of Northern Magnamund: The Birth of Magnamund’ and
‘The Realms of Southern Magnamund: Man, Magic, and the Moonstone’
in that same book. According to The Magnamund Companion, magic
entered Magnamund with the Elder Magi long after Agarash and his
minion, the Deathlord.

SO: "propelled by Old Kingdom magic, an arcane art" ->  "propelled
by Ixian Witchcraft, an arcane art"

Interesting choice. Better than the confusion in the original.

Hmm. I wonder whether this shouldn't be "Ixian witchcraft", i.e. with
lower-case witchcraft (just as the lower-case magic).

Yeah, I see what you're saying. Will use lower case instead: "Ixian witchcraft".