[projectaon] Re: Footnotes Redux--Revenge of the Deathlord

  • From: "David Davis" <feline1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 13:47:32 -0000

Good work!
The only comment I have off the top of my head is re: the list of permitted special items - just to say that it doesn't seem too problematic to me that that the Dagger of Vashna and Helshezag have been put back on the list, as you might not have completed 'The Legacy of Vashna',
or might not have brought them on that adventure if you did.

By the way, I seem to recall a bit on the Plane of Darkness when you're trying to climb out out a pit full of chaos creatures without a rope, and I queried whether we should say you don't suffer a points loss if you've got the appropriate improved level of Grand Huntmastery (which was supposed to allow rope-free climbs) - did we ever footnote that, or decide against it?
(sorry to be so vague, don't have access to the books right now!)

-----Original Message----- From: Simon Osborne
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2012 1:34 PM

[4] (The Game Rules) Note that this list now includes the Silver Bracers
and Korlinium Scabbard. These items are restored to the list of
permissible items from the Kai and Magnakai series again in this book
after being omitted beginning in The Captives of Kaag. Presumably,
therefore, it should be permissible to leave the Silver Bracers and
Korlinium Scabbard in safekeeping at the monastery during the previous
books and retrieve them at the outset of this adventure.

Also note that both the Dagger of Vashna and Helshezag have been removed
from the list, as they are presumed to have been destroyed in The Legacy
of Vashna (cf. Section 273 and Section 94). The story won’t unravel if
you placed either or both of these items in safekeeping prior to
embarking upon The Legacy of Vashna, but be aware that both this
adventure and the ones that follow assume that these Special Items have
been destroyed.

SO: Helshezag and Dagger of Vashna are now both on this list, despite
being destroyed in the previous adventure "The Legacy of Vashna". :-\