[projectaon] Re: A responsive web app for the Lone Wolf gamebooks with offline capabilities

  • From: Jonathan Blake <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 11:33:30 -0700

On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 3:45 PM, P van Zyl <pvanzyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 5 Jul 2013, at 22:08, Jonathan Blake <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 1:05 PM, P van Zyl <pvanzyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> 1. If you could create a CNAME record for the projectaon.org subdomain and
> point it to "ghs.google.com.", and let me know the subdomain
> (lonewolfadventures.projectaon.org or lonewolfapp.projectaon.org perhaps?)
>

> The subdomain lonewolfadventures.projectaon.org should begin
> propagating shortly. :)
>
> Jon, you will now have read access to the source, released under the MIT
> license. I will publish the code currently on Bitbucket when it's a little
> more complete. You should also be able to log in and access the app at
> lone-wolf-adventures.appspot.com.
>

> Excellent, thanks.
>

> Hi, actually, you would have to sign up for Google Apps(1), and I've just
> realised it's no longer free(2).
>
> (1) https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/domain
> (2)
> http://googleenterprise.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/changes-to-google-apps-for-businesses.html

Hmm. That's too bad.

> I'd like to port this to something that is hostable on projectaon.org if
> possible. What is available with a staff account? If you'll pardon my last
> couple of bumbling mistakes :-)

We're hosted by Dreamhost, so you can see a basic list of its
capabilities at the bottom of the following page, but a staff account
basically comes with shell access to a Linux environment with Python,
Perl, etc.

https://dreamhost.com/web-hosting/

To create a staff account, I would need your name and preferred email
address. You can send it to me privately if you wish.