[project1dev] wtf EA

  • From: eric drewes <figarus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 20:20:47 -0400

wow, ok so for NCAA football this year they stripped a bunch of features
THAT ALREADY EXISTED IN THE GAME and then re-added them as microtransactions
you have to pay real $ for... wow, that is fucking ridiculous.  seriously,
people already pay 60 dollars for a game, then they have to pay extra for
content that was already in the game for free last year?  You know, for
games like fallout 3, etc. i am cool w/ downloadable content but the thing
about sports games is they basically just sell you a roster update every
year, and the 360/ps3 versions are STILL catching up on features that
existed in ps2/xbox... what else makes it FUCKING TERRIBLE is that EA paid a
ton of money to buy exclusive rights to all major football associations,
college, pro, even canadian league and arena league, so if you want to play
a football game on a console, you are forced to pay for an EA product.
i buy maybe 3-4 games a year tops (this year i have purchased Zero, unless
you count orange box for pc for 10 bucks) -- EA may have just earned a
special place on my "never give these assholes my money no matter how good
their game might be" list.