Re: source code control systems for Windows ...

  • From: Daniel Dalton <d.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "littlefield, tyler" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 11:45:00 +1100 (EST)

On Fri, 4 Apr 2008, littlefield, tyler wrote:

uh? why sudo? it's easier sometimes to log in with su, and then do it.

Hey man, its one command. Different story if it was more...
And then what's the point of sudo then?
You never use sudo? You prefer to log in as root?
Of course I use sudo when I need a root shell for a while eg. Adjusting brltty settings or configuring iptables... Simple things like updating the system and installing packages does not require a root shell...

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/
d.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxx