Re: iPhone development

  • From: Øyvind Lode <oyvind.lode@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 08:20:21 +0200

I'm going to buy an iPhone and at some point I may be able to do some development as well.

I'm currently coding in C on Windows and Linux.
I'm still a beginner but I find it very fun.

How accessible is the console on Mac?
Is OpenSSH included so I can ssh into Linux and other UNIX machines?
How about Braille support?
Web and e-mail using Safari and the built in Apple Mail?
Text editor?
Can I install GNU Emacs and use it as my editor from the console?

Does iOS and the iPhone include a console app?
Is it accessible?
I would love to ssh into my Linux servers from my iPhone <grin>

If I can get my above questions to work on Mac OS X I might just move to Mac <smile>

On 11.10.2010 06:02, Ken Perry wrote:
Like I said its accessible if you  are using a Mac it is not really
accessible if using windows 7 64 bit bit because of the java bridge not
working very good. I have not tried it in other windows versions but it
should work.

Ken

*From:* programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx