Re: database problems with jaws in vb

  • From: "Ricks Place" <OFBGMail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 05:41:34 -0400

Marv:
They are using visual techniques to do allot of DataBase and GridView layout. Sounds like they are just asking you to change the headers for the GridView which should just be properties defined in the Properties Window for the GridView. Likely it will be a collection you will open and edit as you did with the TableLayoutPanel's column size properties. As for editing using the Edit and Formatting of the Smart Tag it can be a pain in Windoweyes but I have done it. I think I had to tab to the control, then mouse around hitting the right mouse click until I found a spot that brought up the Smart Tag For that control. Each Smart Tag has options related to each type of control. You can, if jaws works, work in the edit or other areas of the Smart Tag. I have done some work from there and it was a big help, I have also found things I could not use from there so had to work around them using code, Properties and whatever depending on what I wanted to do. Things might be better with jaws but was spotty with Windoweyes in Winforms, in VWD things are allot better since everything is html. I do all my database work from code, except defining it and often do that from code as well. If you get good at using all the designers and smart tags keep track of how you do things in a text document so you can publish it to the list for others who will encounter the same problems later.
Rick USA
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marvin Hunkin" <startrekcafe@xxxxxxxxx>