Re: css and the keyboard

  • From: "tribble" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 16:09:00 -0500

I don't know if dragging the jaws cursor will drag the mouse pointer, but as
you arrow over a web page with the virtual cursor and hit a link that is "on
mouse hover", you are at least alerted to the fact that hovering will bring
up something interesting that can be displayed by hitting
control+insert+enter.
This is of course awkward but at least it is doable.
The virtual screen that jaws maintains between you and the actual screen
makes this awkwardness necessary.
Why they had to choose such a non-mnemonic character combination is beyond
me. I can never remember it when I need it.
Happy surfing.
--le