Re: accessible math

  • From: "Dorene Cornwell" <dorenefc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 22:50:46 -0800

Thanks both for the info about the Viewplus and the LaTex example. I did not
way the LaTeX code was enjoyable to read...

I am like Laura: I learned math when I could basically read print, though
sometimes I tell people I took comparatively a lot of math in college
because in math class I did not have to read nearly the volume of material
required from other classes. Anyway, I too find parsing equations read aloud
and even things like SQL statements really difficult. My Braille is, um,
rudimentary and learning Math Braills on my list...
One interesting point referring back to the original inquiry from the woman
from the College Board: a couple years ago, Educational Testing Service did
a small study testing different ways of presenting equation material
orallly. I have no idea what conclusions they finally came up with, but it
might be worthwhile for the person from the College Board to do some calling
around and ask about this study.

Thanks everyone.

DoreneC