Re: a quick js code question

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 07:41:56 -0500

I have tried alerting x but nothing happens, and I mean nothing; no alert, no error alert, there is just a small pause as though my bn were running the function but then nada.

Have a great day,
Alex

From: "Jeffrey Fidler" <jfiddler2@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 22:32:08 -0500

Alex,

eval() will evaluate a string argument.  Did you try to just use
the
assignment operator to initialize your variable?  i.e.  var x =
form.in.value;

HTH!

- Jeff