Re: VB.net And Windoweyes Scripting

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 08:29:57 -0400

Yes, the VB.NET fruit basket on Script Central is my latest. As far as I remember, the only necessary COM reference in VS would be to WinEyes.dll. VS should then automatically generate an Interop assembly, a "COM Callable Wrapper." There some deployment related issues I can touch on later if you decide to distribute your VB.NET-based Window-Eyes script.

Jamal

On 6/21/2010 11:32 AM, RicksPlace wrote:
Hi Jamal et al:
First, Jamal, is your version of the Fruit Basket, v1.6, on the
Windoweyes Download Center the most current version?
I will use your Script Installer to install it next if you give me the
go ahead.
Here are the steps I have gone through so far to learn how to make
VB.net 2008 work as a Script Editor for the Windoweyes Com interface.
A finished tutorial might be totally diferent since it will likely have
a diferent example.
But here are the steps I am doing to get started if anyone is interested
in following along or wants to help me out.
BeginSteps:
Step01:
Download and install We V7.2
Done:
Step02:
Navigate to:
https://www.gwmicro.com/Script_Central/Developers/#mainHeadingTitle
Cursor to:
Window-Eyes Scripting SDK
Window-Eyes 7.1 Scripting SDK
Window-Eyes 7.0/7.01/7.02 Scripting SDK
Click:
Window-Eyes 7.0/7.01/7.02 Scripting SDK
The following Page came up:
https://www.gwmicro.com/Script_Central/Developers/SDK/?ver=70#mainHeadingTitle

Cursor to:
Window-Eyes Scripting SDK
The Window-Eyes Script Development Kit contains support files that are
needed to
develop external scripts in various popular languages. These include the
object model
interface definitions, the type library, and various C-language support
files generated
from the interface definitions.
The SDK also includes VBGetRef.dll, which is necessary to use Visual
Basic to write
external scripts. VBGetRef is provided for development purposes; it is
also included
with the
GW Toolkit
script, so it is neither necessary nor recommended to include it with
your script
package.
END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR GW MICRO SOFTWARE
Check:
I agree to the EULA for the Window-Eyes Software Development Kit
Then clicked:
Download the Window-Eyes Scripting SDK button
we70sdk.zip was downloaded:
BeginUnzippedContents:
comevent.h
wineyes.h
gwmver.h
license.txt
vbgetref.dll
wineyes.h
wineyes.idl
wineyes.tlb
wineyes_i.c
EndUnzippedContents:
Done:
Step03
Navigate back to:
https://www.gwmicro.com/Script_Central/Developers/#mainHeadingTitle
Cursor to:
Window-Eyes External Script Examples
Visual Basic .NET (for Window-Eyes 7.1 or greater)
Visual C# (C-Sharp) (for Window-Eyes 7.1 or greater)
Visual Basic 6
Visual C++ 2005/2008
Window-Eyes External Stand-alone Application Examples
Visual C++ 2008
Click:
Visual Basic .NET (for Window-Eyes 7.1 or greater)
The Following Page came up:
https://www.gwmicro.com/Script_Central/Developers/VB.NET/
Cursor to:
External Visual Basic .NET Script Example
This example demonstrates how to connect to the Window-Eyes script
manager from a
VB.NET application, how to register and respond to a hotkey, and how to
work with
various events.
File Details:
Filename: vbnet-example.zip